Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Rainbow Star Afghan and Yoshi Blanket

Hello there internetz.

I've been doing a lot of crocheting lately. I've been experimenting with multicoloured yarn in the star patterns - particularly the rainbow Red Heart I bought at Wal-Mart in Orange County, CA. I had originally bought the wool to finish my boyfriends Christmas present blanket (which I knit - before I knew the wonders of crocheting for large projects)

Here is the first rainbow star that I made:





I then ripped that apart, seeing as it was impossible to look at without feeling ill. This blanket now looks like this, and is still growing to this day:



Right now, my current project is a Yoshi Blanket. It's crocheted with granny squares, and its ridiculously large. I will upload some pictures when it's more obvious what it is. It's hard to forge ahead because there's so much work - not just the making of the squares, but the sewing together. It's going to look awesome when it's done though.

Leave me comments world. My blog is so lonely. :P

1 comment:

  1. You're so great at this now! I can't wait to see your Yoshi in its fully glory! It's gonna be better than any other <3

    ReplyDelete