Friday, March 26, 2010

Living With Lions

I've been trying so hard to teach myself to crochet. I want to make a star-shaped baby blanket so badly that I've taught myself a foreign language - the language of a crochet pattern. Talk about confusing! It looked like someone pounded on the keyboard into a random sequence of letters and numbers.

I started by using Google and typing in random phrases like "beginners crochet" and "crochet tutorial", you would be amazed at the help there is out there. I was able to go from never having crocheted a stitch in my life to able to make the blanket in a few night (with dedication, of course.)

I couldn't have even begun to understand the pattern as easily as I did without the Knit Witch - she is awesome. I originally found her on Youtube (her youtube can be found here) and then stumbled my way onto her homepage where you can find lessons, patters, yarn bowls (how neat are they?!) and more.

So far I have completed a dog sized blanket in offensively yellow colours from Red Heart. My tension is still off - the points are too long, and too wide and don't sit properly. The star has to be stretched so it doesn't wrinkle. My little Taco buddy won't care though, he'll love the new addition to his little Taco bed.

I had quite a few rounds done on my first attempt at the baby blanket when I decided to throw a hissy fit about my tension and rip it out. I now can't bring myself to restart. I promised myself I would tomorrow. I will also try to get a picture of the doggie blanket.

I leave you with this awesome band: Living with Lions

No comments:

Post a Comment